European laws on air passenger rights:
- Denied boarding, cancellation and long delay of flights
Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 February 2004 establishing common rules on compensation and assistance to passengers in the event of denied boarding and of cancellation or long delay of flights.
- Air carrier liability in the event of accidents
Regulation (EC) No 889/2002 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 May 2002 amending Council Regulation (EC) No 2027/97 on air carrier liability in the event of accidents.
- Operation of air services in the EU
Regulation (EC) No 1008/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 September 2008 on common rules for the operation of air services in the Community (Recast).
- Unification of certain rules in the international carriage by air
See the Montreal Convention. It deals with the most common air passenger problems.
- Montreal Convention (148.12 kB, PDF)